PLEASE CHECK BELOW IF THIS PRODUCT FITS YOUR VEHICLE
Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing, or long high speed pulls on airstrips the Alpha A45 AMG Center Heat Exchanger will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your AMG’s maximum power output no matter the conditions.
Your 2.0L turbocharged engine does not use the typical air to air front mount intercooler (FMIC) you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged European vehicles the A Series AMG uses coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air to water heat exchanger. While this method may be sufficient for a stock vehicle under ideal conditions, it can quickly become heat soaked robbing horsepower.
By doubling the thickness of the OEM core you gain an extraordinary amount of added cooling by increasing efficiency. The Alpha heat exchanger core and end tanks hold an astounding 222% (58oz vs 18oz) more coolant than the stock heat exchanger! That’s close to a half gallon! You gain an increased thermal capacity over the entire intercooler system by accommodating the added coolant. The Alpha Engineering Team actually designed the core with 20 fins per inch rather than the factory 23 fins per inch. The lower fin density allows more airflow, and thus more heat transfer through the thicker core.
For the core of the Alpha Heat Exchanger we chose a motor sport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK. This high efficiency, single pass core is much larger and disapates heat quickly for maximum cooling. Through our larger design, added fluid capacity and drastically increased flow, your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine benefits from reduced intake air temperatures (IAT) boosting your power output.
- Double the thickness of the factory intercooler (32mm vs. 16mm)
- CAD designed CNC billet aluminum end tanks
- Core and tanks designed in CFD heat transfer software to allow for greatest heat dissipation
- Easy remote bleeder system
- Motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Drastically increased flow
- 222% added fluid capacity further reduces intake temperatures
- Alpha logo lets your competition know you mean business!
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Can be used on stock or modified vehicles
- Comprehensive installation instructions
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz G45 AMG
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz G45 AMG
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz G45 AMG
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz G45 AMG
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz G45 AMG
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG