Whether you live in a hot climate area, enjoy long spirited drives in the mountains or long high speed pulls on airstrips, the Alpha Performance BiTurbo Primary Heat Exchanger Upgrade will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your AMG’s maximum power output no matter the ambient conditions.
The 5.5L BiTurbo engine does not use the typical intercooler you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged European vehicles this V-8 twin turbo engine uses coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air to water heat exchanger. While this method works well it can quickly become heat soaked, robbing horsepower.
For the core, we chose a motor sport quality heat exchanger core. This high efficiency, dual pass core is much larger, featuring an additional 19 tubes (61 vs 42 stock) dissipating heat quickly for maximum cooling. Through a larger design, added fluid capacity and drastically increased flow, your 5.5L BiTurbo engine benefits from reduced intake air temperatures (IAT) boosting power output.
If you desire further boost intercooling with an Alpha 7 or Alpha 9 package, this Alpha Heat Exchanger is compatible with our full Alpha Boost Cooler System. This system adds an additional cooler, pump and reservoir for the ultimate in cooling ability.
- Larger, highly efficient core reduces IAT by 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dual pass design promotes efficient cooling
- CAD designed CNC billet aluminum end tanks
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Added fluid capacity further reduces intake temperatures
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (RWD)
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (RWD)
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG (RWD)
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG (RWD)
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG 4Matic
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG 4Matic
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG 4Matic