Our three-piece full carbon fiber front splitter for the CLS 63 Biturbo is the end result of countless hours of in-house design, engineering and development work. Its unique three-piece design incorporates a single center section replacement for the OEM splitter as well as two additional side pieces which wrap around the entire front fascia and create a unique look unlike anything else on the market. This design flows seamlessly into the front apron and is a simple, bolt on component which improves vehicle aesthetics and increases front end down force.
Our front splitter was designed with your daily driver in mind and maintains the same approach angle as the OE front fascia so the RENNtech front splitter retains the same clearance for parking stops, curbs and steep driveways. The high quality prepreg carbon fiber construction finished in a beautiful gloss top coat ensures years of durability and stunning good looks.
This front splitter is a fully functional aerodynamic component as well as an aggressive exterior enhancement on the muscular CLS. The design is perfect as a stand alone component or in conjunction with our component exterior aerodynamic upgrades such as our CLS rear diffuser and deck lid spoiler. These pieces were designed to function in complete harmony with one another and when combined create a unique and aggressive aerodynamic package.
- x1 Center Piece in Carbon Fiber
- x2 Side Pieces in Carbon Fiber
What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- Lower cost carbon fiber uses a wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality. To create prepreg fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is then cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.